The following programs are designed to teach dogs and owners at all levels. A private evaluation with a trainer must be completed prior to scheduling any training program. During your evaluation your dog’s personality will be assessed, the trainer will discuss the issues you are facing and your goals you have, then they will help you determine the program that best fits your needs. After your evaluation you may schedule any approved training program. Your evaluation is valid for 4 months.
Program 1 – Manners Matter
During this program your dog will learn the following on leash verbal commands and hand signals: Loose leash walking, heel with automatic sit, sit with automatic stay, break, and come. Your dog will also be taught mental calming skills and will be trained around some distractions. Your follow up lesson must be completed within 14 days after your go home lesson.
|Program 1 –|
|On Leash Residency Training|
|Manners Matter||7 days – 1 go home lesson, 1 follow up lesson||$535|
Program 2 – Optimal Obedience
In this program your dog will learn all verbal commands and hand signals from Program 1 – Manners Matter plus down at your side, down from the front, down with automatic stay, sit from the down, stand, and place. The place command allows your dog limited freedom while maintaining self-control in a designated area. Your dog will be trained around increasing levels of distractions throughout this program. You may upgrade to this program if your dog has completed Pro 1 – Manners Matter. Your follow up lesson(s) must be completed within 21 days after you go home lesson.
|Program 2 – Optimal Obedience||On Leash Residency Training|
|Optimal Obedience||14 days – 1 residency training lesson, 1 go home lesson, 2 follow up lessons||$1025|
|8 days – 1 go home lesson, 1 follow up lesson||$600|
Program 3 – Peak Performance
If you dream of having on and off leash control of your dog this may be the program for you. During this program we will teach your dog all on leash commands from Program 2 – Optimal Obedience, then your dog will be taught to respond to both verbal commands and hand signals off leash with an e-collar. This program applies a greater emphasis on working around distractions and provides additional instruction on handling unwanted behaviors. You may upgrade to this program if your dog has completed Pro 1 – Manners Matter or Pro 2 – Optimal Obedience within the past 6 months. Your follow up lesson(s) must be completed within 21 days after your go home lesson.
|Program 3 – |
|Off Leash Residency Training|
|Peak Performance||24 days – 2 residency training lessons, 1 go home lesson, 2 follow up lessons||$1900|
|Upgrade from Manners Matter||17 days – 1 residency training lesson, 1 go home lesson, 1 follow up lesson||$1500|
|10 days – 1 residency training lesson, 1 go home lesson, 1 follow up lesson||$1000|
Program 4 – Train ‘N Go
Train ‘N Go is a combination of residency training and private lessons. We train your dog and teach you how to train your dog. Each week your dog is trained at our facility for three consecutive days and on the third day you will receive a private lesson and instructions on how to work your dog during the time they are with you. You will drop off your dog each day between 7 AM and 8:30 AM and pick them up between 4:30 PM and 7 PM. We offer two options for Train ‘N Go. The first is two consecutive weeks and will take your dog through Pro 1 – Manners Matter. The second option is four weeks and will take your dog through Pro 2 – Optimal Obedience. You may schedule the four-week program as four consecutive weeks or two consecutive weeks with a one- or two-week break followed by the final two consecutive weeks.
|Program 4 – Train ‘N Go|
|Program 1 – Manners Matter|
|Week One||3 consecutive training days, 1 private lesson|
|Week Two||3 consecutive training days, 1 private lesson||$425|
|Program 4 – Train ‘N Go|
|Program 2 – Optimal Obedience|
|Week Three||3 consecutive training days, 1 private lesson|
|Week Four||3 consecutive training days, 1 private lesson||$400|
Program 5 – Group Lessons
The goal of this class is to help your dog learn to become a good- natured companion by learning house manners and obedience in a group setting. During this class a professional trainer will teach you to train your dog the following on leash commands: Loose leash walking, heel with automatic sit, sit with automatic stay, come, down from the front, down from the side, down with automatic stay, sit from the down, stand, break, and place. This class will take you through Program 2 – Optimal Obedience. The class is 6 consecutive weeks and you may purchase one 6-week session or you may purchase a yearly pass and attend as many 6-week sessions over the course of a year as you would like.
|Program 5 – Group Lessons|
|One 6-week class||$225|
|One year pass||$350|
Program 6 – Private Lesson
Private lessons are on-on-one lessons aimed at teaching you to train your dog to become a good-natured companion by learning house manners, obedience, and to meet your specific goals as discussed during your evaluation. If you choose 3 or 6 private lessons we can teach you to train your dog the same obedience commands from Program 1 – Manners Matter or Program 2 – Optimal Obedience. We offer private lessons in our facility or at your home. For lesson locations outside our zip code an additional trip charge may be added.
|Program 5 – Private Lessons|
|At KDT Facility|
|1 private lesson||$125|
|3 Private Lessons||Program 1 – Manners Matter||$280|
|6 Private Lessons||Program 2 – Optimal Obedience||$353|
|At Owner’s Home|
|1 Private Lesson||$150|
|3 Private Lessons||Program 1 – Manners Matter||$400|
|6 Private Lessons||Program 2 – Optimal Obedience||$775|
- A $200.00 non-refundable deposit is required to schedule a training program. Group lessons must be paid in full at the time of booking to reserve your spot in the class.
- All dogs must complete an evaluation prior to scheduling a training program. Evaluations are valid for 4 months.
- Kasten’s Dog Training requires all dogs entering the facility to provide proof of the following vaccinations: Distemper, Parvo, Rabies, and Bordetella. Please see our vaccination policy for details.
- All collars, leashes, training equipment, and training lessons necessary for each program are included.
- Private lessons average 1 hour in length and there must be a minimum of 3 days between lessons, with 1 week being optimal. With group lessons and private lessons it is your responsibility to follow our instructions to train your dog to achieve your desired level of obedience.
- All training programs work on behavioral issues like jumping, chewing, digging, housebreaking, crate training, play biting, leash pulling, whining/barking, car/animal chasing, excited/submissive urination, leg mounting, counter surfing, getting into trash, eating feces, food/toy possessiveness, and more. When training dogs with separation anxiety, timid/shy personalities, or aggressive behaviors; additional training day may be required.
- Your dog will also learn get it, bring it, drop it for those times when your dog has something they are not supposed to have and for find tuning communication and training skills. This is a wonderful exercise for the dog and allows you the opportunity to practice your training and leadership skills.
- We do not train dogs in heat.
- Pricing is subject to change with or without notice.
Pricing subject to change with or without notice.