NEW policy changes due to COVID-19 (updated – 6/8/2020)
We are here training and boarding dogs! Due to the potential threat and impact COVID-19 can have on our operations, Kasten’s Dog Training is taking precautionary measures to protect its employees so we can continue to serve you!
- All training evaluations are by phone.
- All clients entering the facility for drop off, pick up, or lessons must wear a mask. Please bring your own mask.
- Two adult owners are allowed to attend training lessons.
- No private lessons are being offered until further notice
- Group lessons are a limited class size. You are required to wear a mask for the duration of each lesson, please bring your own mask. Only one adult owner per dog will be permitted to attend each lesson.
- Dogs enrolled in Train ‘N Go programs will remain in the facility overnight for 2 nights each week. Drop off on Day 1 as scheduled and pick up at the scheduled go home lesson. We will not do drop off and pick up each day.
- PUPPY PRESCHOOL
- You are required to wear a mask while in the facility, please bring your own mask.
- One adult owner per puppy will be permitted each class.
- Two adult owners will be permitted to attend the puppy consultation.
- Limited class size.
- When dropping off or picking up your dog, you must wear a mask in the facility. If you do not have a mask, call 574-522-7050 upon arrival and someone will be out to help you. Please be patient as we may be assisting another client.
- WHAT TO BRING for TRAINING or BOARDING
- Your dog on a leash
- Your pet’s vaccination records. We prefer to receive them prior to your dog’s arrival. Email vaccination records to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Food for your pet’s entire stay. Either:
- A new, unopened bag of food OR
- Each meal packed in a zip lock bag, one meal per bag
- Medication if your dog requires it
- All other items will be turned away at drop off and we will not accept open bags of food or containers/bins
Thank you for your cooperation – The entire staff at KDT
Welcome to Kasten’s Dog Training where we breathe life into your dog. We specialize in:
We are striving for a relationship between you and your dog that is based on more than obedience with obedience training being the foundation to clear, effective, and consistent lines of communication. We teach you how to set boundaries for your dog and hold them accountable. This is done through motivation, praise, and correction.
The KDT Mission Statement: To train dogs to trust and obey their owners and for owners to provide a partnership through leadership and “breathe life into their dog”.
Our Goal: To help you accomplish your goals and to create a better relationship with your dog.
Through the years we have heard:” I want my dog to listen and have good house manners!” and “My dog is territorial and shows aggression, how do I make him more relaxed” and “I just want to walk my dog without him pulling!!!” Each of the above expressions is obtainable and so much more!
“Training is not a 100 meter dash, it is a marathon.” At Kasten’s Dog Training we know dog training marathons!